12.27.2011

'Tis the Season to Indulge in Movies

Since I've been living inside a singular building the last two and a half years, I can probably count on one hand the movies I've seen. Which is crazy considering what a film fanatic I used to be. But what's better than curling up to a movie during the holidays? Somehow my family's pseudo-tradition of seeing a movie  on Christmas turned into watching Independence Day on HBO Christmas Eve (I swear there was a huge lack of Christmas movies on TV this year - we couldn't even find the dreaded 'A Christmas Story'). But my mom and I also indulged in 'Love Actually' the next day (we hadn't seen it in years, but such a great holiday feel-good chic flic). And to keep the movies going, yesterday we joined a good sampling of Casciari's and went out to see 'My Week with Marilyn.' The movie was good. Michelle Williams was amazing. And it made us sad to get this glimpse of such a troubled life. Anyways, worth seeing for sure. Now I wonder what movie's next on my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment