8.09.2011

Surfer Chic Beach House

I have said on several occasions that I want my next apartment to be painted all white. For those friends who have heard this, they look at me like I'm crazy as I obviously love color. So I was delighted to turn to this spread in September's House Beautiful magazine. Designed by Mona Ross Berman, this sixties-inspired beach house shows just how much you can do with color in an all-white space. The only thing I didn't like about the beach house was its location on the wrong coast (New Jersey). I'll take one of these in California, please!

The house's color palette came from the dining room tabletop: orange, yellow, turquoise, and white.

Eames chairs, the AMAZING table, and a Jere sculpture set the scene.

You've got to love the yellow Moroccan poufs!

The white wall-exception: powder room with wallpaper by Studio Printworks. Love!

Last but not least (and possibly my favorite), the master bedroom in shades of orange and pink. Loving the Missoni-inspired floor and the headboard upholstered in a Raoul Textiles fabric.
All images from House Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment