1.02.2011

Reappearing in 2011

I hate to jump on the New Year's Resolution bandwagon, but somehow fall 2010 flew by and all of a sudden it was Christmas and I hadn't made a peep on my blog. Then Friday I turned the Big 3-0, woke up magically transformed into to a sophisticated, graceful and driven woman, and found myself ready to make some resolutions for the new year. Some of them may be more like plans, but as I've started thinking about 2011, I realize it's going to be a busy and incredibly life-changing year.

So, in 2011, I am going to:
1. Graduate Grad school - wow how time flew by. Now I just need to come up with a thesis in the next few months to make that happen, but no big deal (I hope some sarcasm can be sensed in that statement).
2. Taking advantage of my last school travel opportunity - I am taking "Spirit of Place" this spring, and the class designs and builds a project every summer. This summer I'm going to Nepal. Un-frickin-believable. I can't even imagine the impact that is going to have on me - both as an architectural and cultural experience.
3. Find a job - or start looking for one at least. I don't think my dream-job (who am I kidding in this economy, any job!) is going to fall on my lap, or knock on my door, so I need to start the hunt sooner rather than later. Hoping this job could be in San Francisco (wow, big life change again), but I need to keep my mind open to various possibilities...

And for more of the resolutions...
4. Take more time for myself - whether that entails going to the gym, reading a book, going out with friends. Basically, spend more time outside of Crough.
5. Take more photographs. Looking through all of my brother's photography is so inspiring - I really need to make it more of a priority. Especially now that I have a really amazing camera.
6. You knew it was coming - blog more! My goal for 2011 is to write 4 times per week. Even if it's just a quick entry on what I did that day, or something I saw that inspired me. (Phewf, one down, only three more to go this week!)

And to start 2011 with a little bit of design inspiration... This Loft in San Francisco was designed by Edmonds + Lee. I found it through Desire to Inspire, but it was also published in a fall edition of Dwell Magazine. Love the rustic-wood ceiling juxtaposed with the industrial insertions (and oh those Tom Dixon pendants!).

No comments:

Post a Comment