2.19.2012

Gene Wilder's Admirers

Today's challenge was Happiness, which honestly, I had to think about a little bit. One, because the assignment entails capturing something that is not necessarily visual in a photograph. Two, I have to confess, I haven't really felt a lot of happiness the last few months. I'm going to chalk it up to post-architecture school depression (after two + years of killing myself over assignments and meeting deadlines to having virtually nothing on my plate is pretty bizarre), or what I'm calling "Lauren was out of her mind the day she decided to stay in DC for an extra semester." Whatever the case, I am here now whether it was a good or bad decision, and am starting to try to make the most of it. 

So getting back on the happiness train, today's picture represents my favorite weekly activity: volleyball. I am not going to lie, I look forward to Wednesday nights every week. Volleyball is something I truly am passionate about, and I still cannot believe I pretty much gave up playing all of grad school. Needless to say, I was beyond excited when a new league started in January, and I was able to hop back on Eddie's team and play again (hence the title of this post - it's our team name this season, which oddly with our t-shirt color's resemblance to Oompa-Loompas, kind of makes sense). It's been fun, and at the same time so weird having to "get back into it" - mostly because I was so out of shape when we started. I remember the first week there were several times when I went to do something, and then was surprised when my body could/would not do what I wanted it to. But slowly it's getting easier. And I think I'm jumping more than 2 inches off the ground now, thank goodness... We have two more weeks of the season before playoffs, and I think I'm even going to be able to squeeze in one more season before I leave DC. 

 

I'm off to hopefully get some work done (trying to apply for a job and work on portfolio stuff). The snow that was supposed to start hasn't yet, but it does look pretty bleak outside. Hope everyone is having a nice holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment