2.08.2012

Two things Teal

Wow, I didn't even make it through the first week without being delinquent on my photo-a-day posts. Yesterday was a long day - I am starting to work on a competition for a new library in Helsinki with a few classmates and an architect who teaches at CUA, so by the time I got home last night, the last thing I wanted to do was spend more time on my computer. But yesterday I was also stumped with showing a picture of "something you adore" - but it came to me last night.  

Here it is - and while the ring is my favorite color, super cute, and I do wear it all the time, it actually is something I adore because of when/where I got it. Years ago when I was working at D360, I had to go up to San Francisco for a meeting - I think it was the Tuesday after President's Day weekend or something, because my mom decided to fly up there early with me, and we spent a few days exploring the city and having a great girls' trip - shopping, eating, museum-ing ;-). It was on that trip that we saw Olafur Eliasson's Take Your Time exhibit at the SFMoma, which ended up being really influential on my thesis research (and he is just a rad artist regardless). This ring we found at the Saturday morning Farmer's Market that takes place at the Ferry Building. The stone has actually fallen out several times (I think my last fix of a new cardboard backing + super glue has done the trick though). Definitely a memory I adore.


And today's picture theme said "letterbox." Which, to be honest, I had no clue what it meant. Immediately I thought of the screen pixel-aspect ratio - or whatever it's called - when you rent DVDs. Then I googled it, and a few things came up, but it was still unclear to me, so I decided to interpret it as a box of letters. And guess what?! I have that. My dear friend Robin designed stationary for me for graduation/my birthday. And since she knows me oh so well, the paper is teal with my initial - so perfect! Unfortunately you can't really tell from this picture, but the lining of the envelopes are gold. They are so lovely. And it feels pretty nice to have some "grown up" stationary now...


No comments:

Post a Comment